Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Fitting Day


London-based bespoke tailor Jonathan Quearney was recently in Vancouver as part of his North America trip. I last saw him in March when I was measured up for a coat, and I have been looking forward to my fitting ever since. Having a swatch of the fabric I picked out helped the past nine months go by, but nothing can speak for actually having the garment on your back.

At the fitting, the coat felt exquisite - made so by the cutting and tailoring. It is true what they say, that it is difficult to imaging the fit and feel of a bespoke garment without having gone that route. With the requisite measuring, chalking and pinning accomplished, the coat will return to London where it will be adjusted, finished and sent back to me. I wait again; afterall, it was a fitting day.





No comments: