Friday, January 30, 2009

Thoughts of Spring


Sun-filled days of late have me thinking about spring. Thoughts of pastel knitwear, linen trousers and two-toned loafers have been on my mind. I may be getting ahead of myself, but with an eye on spring here are some fond memories from the soon-to-be-over winter:

- Being reacquainted with the softness of fur felt when the first cold day of fall called for a hat.

- Tying my first bow tie and wearing it - not because I had to, but because I wanted to.

- Having shined shoes on my feet on a dreary winter day.

- Wearing a suit made and fitting so well that an entire day passes without realizing that I even had it on.

- Picking up said suit from the dry cleaner after I had gotten syrup on it during its first wear.

- Being complimented on my mode of dress by perfect strangers. One occassion stands out: a man approached me on public transit and proceeded to comment in a foreign language. He seemed perplexed, even angry. I can only gather that it was in compliment.


Dogwood flower brooch: Laser cut from exotic veneers, hand screenprinted with a Victorian design (on back) and accented with stone.

No comments: